Lost

Lately my brain has been bothering me. Before it would whine at me that “I have work to do and school comes first”.
“Put away the computer, get your homework done”. Now, it's been telling me something else.
I don't know what caused this sudden change of tune but I do know that it worries me. I haven't been this uninterested in school since elementary.
Before, I could sit myself down and get the work completed quickly with proper grammar and memorization. Now nothing comes out correctly. The grammar's all off and I find misused or over used words all over the place.
Why did this stall have to hit me at such a bad time? I have a short story and rough draft due Monday, a Sociology exam Tuesday and god knows how many Spanish quizzes coming up.
I'm distracted by something – I can tell that much - yet I can't put my finger on what. I can't simply sit down to read a book, play a video game or even zone out to some television. I'm just blank and I seem to find myself irritated quickly.
Being home is a source of great stress for me but without being in my room I get nothing done. Even so, while I'm in my room I don't do anything but sit there and stare blankly off into space.
Somehow I've got to get my mind back on what's vital, find a way to re-inspire myself and get back to my studies.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will Elizabeth. You seem disciplined by nature. Is this true? If so, cut yourself some slack. You are writing wonderful things in this class! I love getting to read your words.

    ReplyDelete